Your TikTok sound is the snippet of your song that you will be promoting in your campaign.
For most artists, your song will already be available in TikTok because it was delivered through your distributor. This means that most artists can use Method #1 below.
However, if you search for your song on TikTok and it’s not available, then you can use method #2 to manually upload it.
Method #1: Search TikTok for the Link Sent by Your Distributor
Please note: depending on your distributor, they may send a 15, 30, or 60 second snippet to TikTok. Most videos on campaigns will be 15-30 seconds and the creator can choose the portion of your snippet to use. The only way to customize your snippet is through your distributor or by using method #2.
1) Open TikTok on your phone and tap the search button at the bottom.
2) Type your "artist name + song name" in the search bar. Then tap the “Sounds” tab. Find your song and tap on it.
Note: If you don't see your song in the search results, use Method #2 below.
3) Tap the share button in the upper right. Then tap "Copy Link"
4) Paste the sound link into your TikTok Campaign Application
Note: if you want to customize your snippet this must be done through your distributor.
Method #2: Upload a Video with your Song Snippet
- Upload a video to with your song as the audio to your TikTok account.
- Once you do this, TikTok will create a “sound” from the video. Once your video is uploaded, just tap on the sound, then edit the name of the sound to your artist name + song name.
- Hit the share button to copy the link.
Note: with method #2 the sound will not be linked or tracked through your distributor.